Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Buffalo Chicken & Potatoes

I made this for dinner a few nights ago.  I had made it before and forgot how tasty it was!  It is fairly quick and easy, the prep really only takes 10 minutes or so and I've lightened it up a bit by using lower-fat versions of some of the ingredients. (The low-fat soup was actually by mistake because I had bought the wrong one - I normally don't like low-fat soups, but you really couldn't tell with all of the other flavours going on).  Note that the photo is before I put the green  onions on top (I usually add those to the individual servings on the plates).

If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings and anything ranch, try this one out!

Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes (from Betty Crocker's Newsletter)
  • 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
  • 6 cups frozen (thawed) southern-style hash brown potatoes
  • 1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing (I used Calorie-Wise Rancher's Choice Dressing)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz) (I used PC Blue Menu light old cheddar)
  • 1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of celery soup (I used low-fat soup)
  • 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions (3 to 4 medium)
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and wing sauce.
  3. In large bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Spoon into baking dish. Place chicken strips in single layer over potato mixture.
  4. In small bowl, stir together crumbs and butter. Sprinkle in baking dish.
  5. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink* when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Sprinkle with green onions.
*mine took an additional 15 minutes after, as the chicken was still pink

No comments:

Post a Comment