Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fried Rice

Originally this was my grandma's recipe (my Dad's mom) that she used to make all the time.  My Mom and I both make it all the time now and the whole family loves it.  It's one of those things that I really don't measure when I make it, you just kinda throw it together until it tastes right, so I'll have to "eyeball" this one for you to turn it into a recipe.  I made it one night last week for dinner, so I thought I'd share.

Grandma Brown's Super Yummy Fried Rice
  • 3 cups minute rice, cooked
  • 2-3 green onions, chopped
  • 1 can mushrooms (pieces & stems), drained
  • 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
  • 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup soya sauce
In a large frying pan, combine all ingredients until well-blended.  Cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until flavours are combined (stir often enough that the rice doesn't stick to the pan).  Great as a side dish with chicken!



No comments:

Post a Comment